Wednesday, April 8, 2015


Some may say that Long-Distance dating relationships wouldn't work. If you were to sit down with a few teenagers and asked them which relationship was more likely to fail, Long-distance or close-proximity, many of those teenagers would choose the long-distance with no questions asked. Although, statistics prove that many of the long-distance relationships actually seem to last just as long as a close-proximity relationship or even longer. I also found research on how many of the relationship partners of long-distance seem to value and share more emotions with one another when the distance is so far away. In other words, even though they are being separated from one another because of distance, the partners feel a more closeness and they value their relationship a bunch more. I agreed with this information because not only do I believe that my long-distance relationship will work, I make it work because I don't want the distance to separate us from one another emotionally. Even when I am 90 miles away from Dondre, I still feel a certain closeness with him when we talk to each other via text messages, FaceTime, phone calls, etc.
This is a screenshot of a tweet I posted on Twitter when Dondre fell asleep on me and a way to get him back was to send him a bunch of cute little messages so that he would wake up and keep talking to me. It didn't work :( , but I knew what I sent him would make him smile in the morning when he awoke for class the next day. It worked :)
This is a picture of me and my boyfriend, Dondre. Every time I hang out with him I force him to take pictures with me because I tell him that these pictures will be our own little memories. Also, with this being a long distance relationship, when I am home in Sacramento, I like to go back and view all of our pictures and when we don't have any new ones I get a bit upset and sad. Even though this is a challenging relationship, I know that it'll only make it stronger and help us better one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment